November 21, 2016

Steve Rivkin, RIP

A friend informed me today of the the sad news that Steve Rivkin passed away on November 16. He was 69.

Steve was a colleague of mine at IdeaVillage, and we remained in contact over the years. I always looked up to and admired Steve as a legend in the field. For those who don't know, he was an accomplished marketing consultant who spent 14 years with Jack Trout and Al Ries at their famous firm. He co-wrote six books on marketing, including four with Mr. Trout. He was also a renowned product-naming expert. I have written about and linked to his Naming Newsletter on several occasions (e.g. here, here and here).

You can read a profile of Steve's accomplishments on Wikipedia. His obituary is here.

I will truly miss Steve. My deepest condolences to his wife and family.