January 08, 2015

Scratch Aide

Description: A scratch mender
Main Pitch: "The perfect match for any scratch"
Main Offer: $10 for a bottle
Bonus: Scratch Butter (free), microfiber mitt (just pay S&P)
Brand: Dutch Glow
Marketer: SAS Group
Producer: Hutton-Miller
Watch the spot

If magic demos matter, this project is a winner. It has some of the best 'right before your eyes' demos I've seen. I'm not as sure about the brand-extension strategy, but it probably won't hurt, so why not try to leverage the impressions?

As for the DR history, I know of one near-miss project and a few marketers who did the furniture pens that are trashed in this commercial as bonus items or line extensions. In fact, in a wry twist, I show Amish Secret as the last campaign to use the pens as a bonus.

S7 Analysis: This one meets all of the criteria and appears to have no weaknesses worth mentioning. It's not often I am able to write that, so mark this day on your calendars!