October 29, 2013

Light Rod

Description: An LED light rod
Main Pitch: "Mounts easily anywhere you need light: No need for electricians, plugs or cords"
Main Offer: $19.99 for one with stand & remote control
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay a separate fee)
Marketer: Telebrands
Producer: Kerrmercials
Website: www.GetLightRod.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

I think this is a cool product and a great value. (I'm not even sure how they are able to offer it for the price advertised.) But I have to go with category history here yet again. I just haven't seen any evidence that lighting solutions like this one can work on DRTV again. Indeed, I've heard the few that recently rolled out -- maybe "were rolled out" is a better way to put it -- have been duds at retail.

If anyone has any information to the contrary, I welcome your feedback. If not for DRTV history, I would probably predict success for this item.