February 06, 2013

Ionic Maxx

Description: An ionic air purifier
Main Pitch: "The revolutionary new air purifier and ionizer ... that will have you breathing easier in no time"
Main Offer: $14.95 for one
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay S&H)
Marketer: Emson
Website: www.IonicMaxx.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

Although unlikely to succeed on DRTV (see my Healthy CFL and Fresh Spot reviews), I think this project is very likely to be the next addition to the Bell + Howell line at retail. Which reminds me ...

In my soon-to-be-published Response column for February, I wrote about my belief that line and brand extensions will be a necessary survival tool for DRTV companies going forward. I specifically mentioned several top companies, but forgot to mention Emson -- the company that has done the most brand extending in recent years. The ubiquitous Bell + Howell brand is a prime example.