September 06, 2012

Grip Go

Description: A hands-free mount
Main Pitch: "Instantly grips any phone for safe driving"
Main Offer: $10 for one with dashboard mount
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay P&H)
Starring: David Jones
Marketer: Allstar
Producer: The Schwartz Group
Website: www.GetGripGo.com
Prediction: Likely to succeed

I can't remember exactly what I thought about this product when I first saw it. I remember liking the 'out the window' demo, which was faithfully reproduced in the spot. But I also recall being skeptical about a phone mount working on DRTV.

As with Snap-2-O, it was the Schwartz Group creative that settled it for me. Once again, they've taken the mundane and made it magnificent.

It's rare that I look at a spot and have nothing to say (as readers of this blog can attest), but that's exactly what happened in this case. In fact, it made for one of those uncomfortable moments only another consultant could truly appreciate. "Um, well, I don't quite know how to put this, Mr. Client. I could certainly make something up, so you'd feel like I was doing my job. But, um, I have no feedback for you. Zero. I think it's just about perfect ... Here's my invoice!"