August 11, 2011

Dueling Openers

Review: Open 7

Description: A 7-in-1 kitchen opener
Main Pitch: "Safely opens anything and everything"
Main Offer: $19.99 for one
Bonus: 2nd one, Chef Basket (just pay processing)
Marketer: Telebrands
Producer: Sullivan Productions
Website: www.GetOpen7.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

In the July issue of Response magazine, I reviewed Hutton-Miller's Kitchen Candu. This is the same concept with one more use. Besides striking me as reverse Something-About-Mary logic, I think that extra use actually exacerbates the problems I had with the earlier product.

As for the commercial, this spot is certainly serviceable, but Hutton-Miller's was more compelling. Still, I give them both the same odds of success (low) because I just don't like these "Swiss Army knife" products for DRTV.