May 27, 2011

Review: Furniture Fix

Description: Panels used to fix old cushions
Main Pitch: "The quick fix for old sagging sofas"
Main Offer: $14.99 for one set (6 panels)
Bonus: 2nd set (just pay P&H), 4 furniture movers and Couch Pouch
Marketer: Hampton Direct
Producer: Concepts TV
Website: www.FurnitureFix.com
Prediction: N/A

Not sure why I didn't review this sooner (it was in my folder), but now it seems it's too late to make a prediction. Last week, it was No. 5 on the Jordan Whitney report and No. 20 on the IMS report. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bona-fide winner (it's too soon for a True Top 50 check), but it's enough to make a prediction on my part unfair.

That said, I remember my thoughts when I first saw the commercial, and I am very familiar with the product. I like both a lot. The commercial is well conceived, and I love the "1,000 pounds of sumo" magic demo. Clever! I also think the product solves a real problem, and it has a solid track record in catalogs. In other words, it won't surprise me if the campaign ultimately does well.